Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Beautiful time of year.........



If you are lucky enough to live in Minnesota or any other state that experiences ALL four seasons........you know what I mean.
Fall is not only a beautiful time of year but also a visual reminder that LIFE is all about change. Change is natural, necessary and indeed can be beautiful. Of course change does not come without its difficulty or discomfort.........but sometimes that is where our best growing and healing can begin to prepare us for what lies ahead.

I seem to be in this revolving changing way of life.........and for the most part.......I feel like I am adapting. Continuously learning from the past, able to look at ways to make improvements, make the best out of situations and getting better at just trusting that things will be ok.




Embracing change......I love trying new things. I have found a new love for Mountain Biking.......what a great off season sport. It is right up there with trail running.
The combination of adventure, nature, beauty, thrills, skills, non competitive(personal choice for me) and challenging me in a totally new and different way. I love it.



Then there is Lexi. Not a big fan of change.....never really has been and just needs a little extra time for adjustment. Ahhhh......don't we all really!!! For example, the girl could eat at subway (her favorite) everyday. And order the same thing every time. Here she is enjoying her drink. But, man she sure is cute.


Trevor is one who can handle change. He is my kid that( while he likes things the same and IF he can he will choose the same path) does not get freaked out when plans need to be changed or situations come up. Somewhere he has learned to trust that things are going to be ok.......he gets that.





The Great Big Woods RUN
What a beautiful run.......I am purposefully calling this a run because it was a run, a beautiful run on a gorgeous fall day.
I had the opportunity to run a 10k, not race, not hammer, not worry about time or pace ........and it was great. I had the opportunity to run WITH someone, to talk, to encourage, to thank volunteers...........It was the best 10k I have run in a long time. Thank you Patrick for venturing with me to this run and running with me. This was a very positive change for me.
Plus, they had great soup and homemade cookies afterwards!!





Patrick

Becca and Chris ROCK the Half Marathon!! Way to go!


All in all, fall is a great season.........such a beautiful way to see things change. I am grateful for all the opportunities to learn and to grow in change. I love the changing of our seasons, each season for a different reason..........and i have to say i look forward to calm and stillness of winter.

5 comments:

Darcy Franklin said...

Nice post. From the time I was 16, my life was a turbulent, ever-changing place until we moved here over 4 years ago. The fact that we have been in one house for more than 2 years is a miracle and at that 2 year point, we both got the itch to move again. But, we stuck with it. No change. That is new for us. Learning to enjoy this calmness is similar to you getting used to change. I am trying to embrace this quietness......change just seems so much more exciting!

EZnJ said...

What a great post JMac!! You put into words much of what Jules and I have been experiencing the past two weekends...gorgeous colors, cool crisp air and thoughts of winter trail running to come.
It was nice seeing you, Patrick and Becca on Friday. Here's to an extended fall season!!
-E

Cy said...

Jmac-I'm so happy for you: Enough said :-)

EZnJ said...

that first pic is absolutely gorgious. I'm so thrlled that you had a great 10K. I can't tell you how happy i am for you. Beautiful post. peace. xoxox - jh

GoBigGreen said...

Hey Julie,
your photographs continue to amaze me. I really think you have a great talent. I am glad you are enjoying the fall, it sure is beautiful.
Julia