Sunday, October 5, 2008

A fun and fabulous saturday

What a great day. It started like every past saturday has started.........Football. Trevor has done a fabulous job playing for the Cowbows. He loves it and has learned so much in his first year of football. They started the playoffs and won their first game. It was very exciting.


Jen and I ventured out for a 3 hour ride.......into St. Paul and found ourselves stopping at Bread and Chocolate on Grand for some yummy treats. What a great off season ride. It was beautiful and sunny. A perfect day for riding with friends.





I have been having fun taking pictures and Lexi often volunteers to be my "model".







This next weekend I really HOPE to get out and DO a cyclocross race. I have been practicing my mounting and dismounting skills. I can do the "flying mount" in a controlled environment........but will i be able to do it in a race???
Now, I have to just get out there and enter my first race. I have been really nervous......ok, down right scared!!
Any encouraging words appreciated!!

3 comments:

Darcy Franklin said...

Someone very wise once told me that you shouldn't bother trying something new if it doesn't scare the s*#t out of you. I always remember that when I am in your situation. GO for it. How exciting. That is the beauty of having a detour in your season, new things pop up and you gotta go for em'.

Enjoy. I look forward to hearing about it in your next post!

GoBigGreen said...

Oh..you were about 500 feet from where i grew up and about 1 mile from my current condo! Shoot. I was out of town anyways but glad you made it to Grand Ave for some fun mid-ride snacking.
OMG do the Cross race. Fans love it and you will just laugh at yourself and have fun..assuming it isnt raining and muddy. Let me know if you decide to race, i will try to come out and support you!
Julia
PS cool pics, as usual:)

EZnJ said...

I'm guessing since I did't hear about it yet... you didn't do the race yet. Go for it!!