Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'm OUT......I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!

Your request for withdrawal from Ford Ironman Florida
has been submitted. Your reference number is: 1221059084


I sat by the computer with my finger on the submit button, knowing that it was the "right" thing to do but really having a hard time doing it. Florida was going to be my comeback race.........but sometimes our body tells us something else and we must listen. So, as I listened to my body and the doctors and physical therapist and discussed with my coach.....I withdrew from Florida IM and a new and exciting plan was formed.

Wisconsin Ironman 2009 and I am IN!!!

Pictures from IM WI 2008
Kate, Jmac and Cathy by the Capital (outside of Starbucks) after the swim


Jhull, Jen, Eric, and Cathy making the walk to "cowbell hill"


Just your typical FAN



Not training for IM Florida means I get to spend more time at Football !!!
Go Cowboys! Go Trevor!

8 comments:

Iron Girl Nyhus said...

It is a hard decision to withdraw from a race. I know how you feel! But you know it is right, so that is all you can do. WI 2009 here you come!

EZnJ said...

JMAC (or is it IMAC), when a door closes, somewhere a window opens. Not doing IMFL is fine and probably healthier than you realize...I don't think you had worked on your kayaking skills this past year anyway:p

We're going to have a blast training for IMOO over the next year.

-E

Darcy Franklin said...

Wise choice. You are going to have so much fun training with your buddies next year. You have a lot to look forward to. Enjoy this beautiful fall, take care of your health and come back stronger. I took 3 MONTHS off from running this past winter and my running feels great right now. Make sure to use this off-season for what it is: Heal, recover, rejuvinate!

Anonymous said...

I am in for Ironman Moo! Good times are going to be had on the race course next Sept and the SCS team is going to rock!

I know Florida was a hard one for you but I think you made the right decison.

See you soon!

Catherine Lee said...

That stinks about IM FL, but I'm glad that you're signed up for IM WI!! So many people will be racing...and think of all the friends that will be on the course cheering!

GoBigGreen said...

Jmac:
Glad you are finding peace with your decision and I am glad your healing up. It is such a nice time of year here ( ahem, before the snow and cold!) and the fall sports are so fun to watch. Love the high school fall seasons, and looks like Trev does too.
Runs: You will snap back. Once a runner, always a runner.
Juliaiesujuq

Jerome Harrison said...

J, Nice meeting you at IM WI with CY and Kate last weekend. Have fun training for IM WI next year and ENJOY your NOT training for IM FL this year. Ha! Jen H. :)

Steve Stenzel said...

That's tough. But good luck in WI!! I think I'll be there cheering!