Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tri Night Rocks!

Just a quick post to say what a great night was had at Tri Night and to show some pics of the night.
I am blessed to have such a great connection with so many wonderful people.

I think, for me, it also reminds me of why I train and race.
Each season is a bit different, different challenges and different celebrations.
But in the end, the people, the connections, the opportunities to challenge yourself is what it is all about.
I loved listening to Hunter Kemper, his stories, his passions and now his quest to make a difference.
It was so inspiring to listen and learn about AT and how we all can make a difference.

ANd of course.........the OFF SEASON!!!





The also inspiring Cathy Yndestad, accepting one of her awards that evening.
Triathlete of the Year and Performance of the Year.
These awards could not go to a more deserving and harder working individual with the biggest heart I know.
Love ya CY!

Jen and Julie with Hunter. Thanks to Paul at Competitive Image for this photo.

Coach John with Hunter.
I am getting really fired up for another great season with Coach John.
The thing I love most about working with John is that he just "gets it". He understands the need for balance with family, work and training/racing. Ironman Wisconsin HERE I COME!!


THANKS TO ALL WHO WORKED SO HARD SO WE COULD ENJOY THIS NIGHT!!

Thanks to Kerry for the wonderful photos.

Jen, Julie, Cathy and Julie

9 comments:

Cy said...

Thanks for the very kind words jmac!

IMWI 2009: Here we come!!

Darcy Franklin said...

You gals all look so gorgeous!

djh said...

For someone who loves CY, you sure pick out the most unflattering pics of her. But then, again, poor baby, the pics were all pretty bad. And huge heart? Wow, you really don't know her very well. Have you seen her temper in action?? It's a sight to see! Although, to be honest, she was very young (and still is) and was very jealous (and there was good reason to be, thanks to KY, the loser).

Here's another great KY quote for you: after meeting some manager friends of mine from a LARGE company at a happy hour, he said, "gee, Dana, I am so surprised; I thought your friends would be so blue collar." ??? WTF?? My UPPER MANAGER friends who were making as much money or more than he, and all well dressed (and much better looking and a hell of a lot nicer than he, which might be the issue behind his snarky comment)??? And ME, who grew up with a dad who was a brigadier general in the Army and lived that whole pseudo-glamorous life growing up?? I asked him what the hell he was thinking looking down on people like that, and he started to stammer. I laughed and told him he had a lot of nerve looking down at people he perceived as "blue collar" anyway, since his own DAD worked the railroad! But of course, if you ask him about his dad, he's EMBARRASSED by him, and won't hesitate to say so. He's such a piece of work, and this is who your great friend is married to!

BTW, if you wish to verify the "blue collar" story, this happened at a Chevy's across from the Mall of America, Kerry stopped by to meet my friends and he and I were going to a movie later at the MOA. See if he remembers that particular conversation...

If you are a friend, get this woman the hell away from this ass of a man before he totally destroys her life. I can't believe her family hasn't stepped up, but then again, that's probably why she lives so far away from them.

EZnJ said...

IMAC, it really was a fun night! Those pics are great. I didn't realize that I was surrounded by such eye-candy. Of course, I was sipping on a few Winter Ales. According to my aching head Sunday AM...too many:P -E

juliemac said...

So, I decided to publish your comment. WHY?? Only because the things you say are ridiculous.
I truly don't understand the need for negativity.
I really just feel sad for you.
That this is how you spend your time and energy.

Here are some links to fellow bloggers, you may want to check out.
http://train-this.blogspot.com
http://thecrazyworldofmel.blogspot.com

PS. NOBODY cares what you think!!!!

Mary Eggers said...

I wonder if DJH would be interested in knowing how I successfully sued someone for harassing me like this over the internet? Published or not..... illegal.

:-) mary

GoBigGreen said...

OMG Jen and Julie, you two look like separated at birth! Looks like alot of fun :)
Have a happy thanksgiving.

djh said...

I thought we were rejecting my comments! Funny. Well, as you can see, if I write a comment, I am well aware it might be posted. Post away! All you really are doing, even if people are outraged by my comments, is exposing some info about your friend that she might not want others to know about! Once people get over it, the comment is still there for them to mull over and wonder about. Because, unfortunately, other than the few of you that live in MN, no one else who blogs or follows the blogs really knows any of you, and in the end, what's the truth? What you and others choose to write, or what I choose to write?

Happy Thanksgiving!

juliemac said...

I thought ignoring your comments was the "right" thing to do. And in doing that, perhaps you would stop.

I am saddened by what experiences must have made you so angry, so sad to make you this bitter.
Really, just sad for you and hope you find some help soon. I am sorry for your loss of your child. I hope that you are taking care of yourself and had grief counseling. I can only imagine how painful that must be.......