Sunday, January 18, 2009

“Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious...” Michael Stipe




I feel like its been a while since I really wrote a blog. Lately, it seems like my pictures have told the story.....which is great.
Today, I feel like writing. What am I going to write about........not sure?? Yes, confusion could be the theme.
I used to always say, "confusion is good". I am trying to remember why i used to say that?? Maybe, because clarity only comes after being in the midst of confusion........ I do believe there is a purpose for confusion. Sometimes, I need to really remind myself of this. My natural tendency is to want to always figure everything out, to analyze everything.

My brother had a great quote the other day, he stated this on Facebook, "David thinks maybe if he'd stop thinkin for a minute he could figure some things out." He later talked about finding clarity through meditation. For me, i think if i could stop analyzing/thinking about things and let answers come to me........that could bring me some peace.

I stayed home with Lexi today because she wasn't feeling good and we just spent time together. It was nice. At one point, she said, "mom, can we do some yoga? I think that would help me feel better." So, we did. She didn't last too long......but it felt good to just go through some poses and let my mind slow down.
More yoga and meditation are going to be in my future.

In this world of unknowns, changes, ups and downs and fear......I am learning to be comfortable being confused, or sad....really just being.....
I know and trust that there is a bigger plan that I don't have all the answers to.
I know and trust that for all the times that I may feel confused, sad or afraid, there will be many more moments of laughter, happiness, clarity and love.
This I know.
I am blessed.

Lexi

Trev at his Music Program

Lexi and Kendall ice skating

3 comments:

EZnJ said...

Very healthy to meditate and center yourself on just being. Enjoy the moment!

hugs - Jules

Darcy Franklin said...

Ohhmmmm! We all need those moments of nothing. I get it in my car when I am alone. Quiet. Not quite meditation, but you know what I mean!

Eileen Swanson said...

Always great to just relax and let your mind wander and reflect on anything and everything. So glad the yoga helped a bit too.