Monday, March 9, 2009

Happiness Is..........

I love this phrase. Sometimes its hard for me to believe that I grew up in a family of 12 siblings AND that we had a bus, yes a BUS. I have shown pictures of this bus before, "Happiness Is". Painted on the front of the bus in big letters, "Happiness Is".



My parents' number one priority was to bring happiness to our family. Now, that did not mean we got every thing we wanted or needed........what it did mean is that we spent time together, we were allowed to be ourselves and we had a lot fun TOGETHER.
I thank my family for giving me a solid foundation of what "Happiness Is".....

I believe for me, today, "Happiness Is".........to be truly comfortable with yourself and who you are, to want not only happiness for yourself but to DO your part, what you can, to TRULY bring happiness to others. Happiness is giving of yourself, enjoying life, laughing, having a passion and connecting with others.

I strive to be happy and bring happiness to others.
I commit to being a positive role model for my kids. I commit to teaching them that LIFE is to be enjoyed and shared.
That happiness comes from deep within yourself but is flourished when shared with others.
And that happiness is NOT found in the material things you have.

When I say "I am happy", I will mean it and show it in all that I do.

Who knows, maybe we'll even get a bus??





Here are some recent pics of us having fun.

Lexi performs at the Timberwolves game with her dance group.



Trevor continues to enjoy the game of basketball.



Julie continues to explore with photography and finds happiness in training , looking forward to another season with the Gear West Developmental Team.

1 comment:

jeffbuildsfurniture said...

I'm not sure whether I want to have a good laugh at the thought of the stories that must have been generated in that bus (My first thought was WOW when I saw the pic), then your thoughts on happiness just hit the spot for me today as I have a couple of human slivers to deal with (and I thought the wood ones were hard) and lastly, your work in black and white photography, keep at it, what I've seen so far, you have a magic with the lens, thanks for sharing

jeff