Tuesday, August 26, 2008

One day at a time....and lets really enjoy today.

Trevor and Kevin

Megan and Emily

Kalie

Lexi and Sara

"If I'm not not happy in this time and place, I must not be paying attention" Jodi Hills

This is a magnet that I have had on my fridge for the past couple years and I must look at it everyday. Everyday.

Now, if you have been keeping up on my blog........you know about my recent "lemons" and on any given day I can start to feel like these migraines, injuries, and past relationships have really taken a toll on "who I am" and that happy person I strive to be.

Well, everyonce in a while, LIFE throws in a lesson that wakes you up and forces you to really look at things in a new light. Life says PAY ATTENTION.

In the last couple weeks, I have had good friends lose a young family member with no warning.
I have a family starting school who just recieved a diagnoses for their 5 year old, cancerous brain tumor.
A brother battling a chronic illness.
A little girl traumatically orphaned at school.
I hear myself saying, "things in my life could be way worse......yes"

Life is fragile. LIfe is unpredictable. What can we do??
We CAN love the family and friends that are with us day to day.
We CAN smile for the things that make us happy day to day.
We CAN help, give, share and strive to be the best we can everyday.
We CAN enjoy life to the fullest, doing the things that matter today, taking life DAY BY DAY.
We CAN pray to God and ask for guidance and comfort during the hard times.

I am writing this from Green Bay. Ten of my Twelve siblings are home (17 people are sleeping at my mom's house) to celebrate the wedding of my niece Sarah.
My kids are in heaven playing with their many cousins.
LIfe is good and will be enjoyed.

Today, I am happy. I am paying attention.

2 comments:

Darcy Franklin said...

YEAH! While triathlon is great, isn't it such a small thing when you put it in perspective. It should add fulfillment to your life, not take away from it. It is so easy to get consumed with it. When that happens, like it did for me, it is time to pay attention to what is really important.

While we never want to hear about a good friend's young sister passing away suddenly, we have to think about what we can take from it. Anything can happen at any moment. I think our goal is to have no regrets. If someone in our life truly touches us, we need to keep that person close and treasure the time we have. No regrets.

Enjoy the day. Beautiful pics by the way. I especially love the one with Trev and the reflection. Nicely done.

Iron Girl Nyhus said...

All great reminders. Love the pictures, you have a great eye!