Wednesday, May 14, 2008

a simple run






Sometimes I forget how a simple run can brighten my mood, how a simple run can make all my difficulties of the day fade away, how a simple run can remind me that taking things one step at a time is sometimes all we can do.I wasn't always a runner.  Back in the day I was  a competitive gymnast and as I grew taller and realized I wasn't going to the Olympics like my idols Olga Korbut and Nadia Comaneci, I decided to try out other sports.  I dabbled in soccer, dancing, and eventually track.  By the time I got to college, all I wanted to do was not do sports. 
 So I didn't.  And 10 pounds later I was running.
I think running has always brought me peace and exhilaration.  Today was no exception.
I had to force myself to get outside in this beautiful weather, due to a bad headache, and get my run in.  I am so glad I did.  
Not only did my headache fade away but also my worries of the day.
The best part is that this simple run enabled 
me to get my energy level back so I could go enjoy my son's baseball practice.  It was a beautiful night at the park.  Trevor is so excited about Baseball.  
Lexi was there waiting for me to play with her at the park. I am getting pretty good at playing at the park and can usually get a little bit of a strength workout in while on the equipment.
All in all, it was a great night that I think I would have missed out on if I would not have gone for that simple run.




4 comments:

Cy said...

Julie-Love the photos! happy to heat you found joy in your run today. It was glorious outside.

Iron Girl Nyhus said...

Hi Julie,
Saw your link on CY's page. Blogging is so fun :) Great pictures... good luck this weekend if you are racing!

Laura

GoBigGreen said...

your kids are beautiful. See you at the Dog. We both can go under 17 this summer, i know it. Or at least try!
Julia

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogging! I love all your photos!! Hey, good luck this weekend at the Du. I'll be hollering from Florida!