Thursday, June 19, 2008

Letting Go.........is it ever easy?

When it is time to say Good Bye or to let someone go.......it is never easy. Closure for me is always difficult and usually not welcomed. Believe me, I understand the value and importance of it and yet at the same time I seem to struggle with letting go.......Several of my last posts have dealt with letting go on different levels.........letting go when life makes choices for you(death) and you must let go and simply deal.

I am reminded that saying good bye is all a part of grief. As a pioneer of grief, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, reminds me of the stages of grief........denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and finally acceptance. I know I will be ok and I must allow myself through these stages in my own way. I am blessed to have support of family, friends and the guidance of God.

I have actually come back to edit this piece.  Things in it were unsettling to me.
After much thinking, crying, talking, running, I believe I am coming towards acceptance.  With some help of friends, I am trying my hardest to look at this with my head and not my heart.  My heart does not want to let go, given the choice.....it probably never would.  My head has been telling me it is time, time to let go, it will be ok.  Yes this hurts, it hurts bad but time will heal.  My head is very smart, I just never tend to listen to it.  Today is the day I start listening.  It is writing this that I am letting go.  I realize that in each relationship that ends, I learn more and more about myself.  In closure, it allows you to look at the good times that were shared, the beautiful moments that will always live in your memory. Closure allows peace to occur to move on to be the best person you can be.  I am ready to let go, I am ready to have a wonderful summer with Lexi and Trev.
Thanks Dan for being who you are,  for giving me beautiful moments and memories.
I am glad that you came into my life..........


People come into your life for a reason, season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you will know exactly what to do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Letting go is HARD but it makes us stronger and wiser as well!! Sometimes we all have to follow our head and not so much our heart. Hang tough there beautiful!

juliemac said...

katie-
well said. indeed, i tend to follow my heart. i listen to my what my head says.......now i must follow it and know it will be ok.
thanks for your support.

EZnJ said...

Jules - We so love you. Your gentle, kind and beautiful (but strong) spirit will help guide you through these tough times (and so will your friends:)). I Love our runs when we can shed some weight off our shoulders...

You're such an inspiration to be a better person. You've helped me so much see situations from new perspective. Summer is the perfect time to spend those minutes and hours with the kids enjoying eachother. You'll never get time back. this is the start of a new and fresh chapter. Big hugs - jules

tedamyb said...

Jules,
I wish I could be there...have a cup of coffee, go for a run or just sit in your kitchen and chat. I'm sorry that you have to go through this. You deserve the best and you will find it.
Amy

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Jules - I am just catching up and didn't know about your breakup... I'm so sorry. I know that whatever your reasons, you made the right choice for yourself. Things always work out. You deserve it ALL.
Love you!
Jennuy